Moorehouse’s was originally founded in 1865 by William Moorehouse as a producer of mineral waters. When William Moorehouse passed away, he left his business to his son, Thomas. However, Thomas was injured by an exploding bottle in 1904 and never fully recovered, leaving the company to his older brother who then developed Hop Bitters, which became award-winning beers. Over the years Moorehouse’s beers have won numerous awards at beer festivals. Additionally, Moorehouse beers have gained recognition at the Brewing Industry International Awards, the “Oscars” of the brewing industry.
Moorhouse’s has had an annual publication called “Witch News” for the past 14 years. It details all that has been happening in and around Moorhouse’s.
- Black Cat – Specialty ale
- Taste Profile – Dark, refreshing with distinct chocolate malt flavor and smooth, hoppy finish
- Blond Witch – Golden ale
- Taste Profile – Smooth and fruity with notes of gooseberry, zest, and fruit
- Pendle Witches Brew – Golden ale
- Taste Profile – Full, malty flavored beer with a crisp sweet fruity aftertaste and soft citrus nose
- English Owd Ale – Old Ale
- Taste Profile – Medium body with malt and cocoa aromas and a moderate bitterness. Sweet caramel and toffee notes with balanced mild citrus flavor
Please use the Beer Finder to locate Moorehouse’s in your area.