We Started brewing in Burton-Upton-Trent in 1834. Then in 1898 we got itchy feet. So we moved down the road to the Albion brewery. We still like it so we’ve not moved again since.
We came to Burton for the water. Well, for the rocks the town was built on to be precise. The water trickles down through a thick layer of gypsum before we bring it back up again through our well. That’s what gives out beers the depth and flavor, character and crisp refreshing bitterness that you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
Scotland has Whisky. Detroit has cards. Burton has beer. And we’re the oldest brewer in town.
Young’s Double Chocolate Stout – Young’s Double Chocolate Stout is a real treat for the drinker and one of the first chocolate beers to market. Popular in many countries around the World, Young’s Double Chocolate Stout has been recognized as an award-winning brew on several occasions. ABV 5.2%
- Taste Profile – A tantalizing combination for the chocolate lover and beer drinker alike. Full, roast and rounded, with the added smoothness of oats and chocolate plus a cheeky hint of Challenger.
McEwan’s Scotch Ale – One of the most successful and best-loved beers from the Fountain Brewery was McEwan’s Scotch Ale, fondly known as “Red Top” by its legion of fans. The beer was remembered for its unique and distinctive tartan packaging, which is now protected on The Scottish Register of Tartans as ‘The McEwan 1856’ by the renowned Scottish tailors, Kinloch Anderson.McEwan’s Scotch Ale has gained a fiercely loyal following throughout the years, especially in North America; and its rebirth is a direct result of customer demand. The Charles Wells Brewery has resurrected this iconic beer using the original recipe that made it so famous. ABV 8.0%
- Taste Profile – Dark mahogany color with a thick beige head, McEwan’s Scotch Ale has sweet aromas of caramel, toffee, malt bread and dried fruit. This warming beer has a very mild coffee flavor with notes of raisins and brown sugar in the finish. A smooth, intensely satisfying and full-bodied beer.”
Eagle Banana Bread Beer – This unique brew combines all the traditional qualities and style of a Charles Wells beer with the subtle flavour of banana. It is one of the first Banana beers to market, and is brewed using fair trade bananas. ABV 5.2%
- Taste Profile – Tempting banoffee aromas tempered by a grassy, lemony nose all leading to a finely balanced, fresh, delicate flavor of peppery hops with a lingering dry finish.
Eagle Bombardier– Bombardier is an iconic real beer loaded with distinct English brilliance. It’s the essence of impeccable taste and great character. The rich, full-bodied nectar is a lingering reward – English, ever reliable and damned tasty! Draught ABV 5.5%, Bottle ABV 5.2%
- Taste Profile – A burnished copper color, it has a rich, tempting aroma of peppery hops and raisins, while the palate is dominated by more dark fruit, juicy malt and tangy hops.
Eagle Sticky Toffee Pudding – Using traditional British desserts as the source of inspiration, Wells discovered that the natural, rich flavours of Sticky Toffee Pudding could be exquisitely combined with darker malts to create a truly distinctive ale. With toffee and caramel hints and rich fruit aromas, Sticky Toffee Pudding Ale is an intensely satisfying beer. ABV 5.0%
- Taste Profile – Rich full flavored beer with a deep copper color, Wells Sticky Toffee pudding has all the warmth, aromas and appeal of the rich pudding from England. Brewed with our trusted best pale ale malt and a secret blend of complex sugars and molasses, initial sweetness is tempered by a gentle bitterness from two of England’s most traditional aroma hop varieties – Fuggles and Goldings. It has a sweet taste of caramel and toffee along with a smooth and robust aftertaste. As with all puddings, this beer offers full contentment in a glass.
Whychwood Hobgobin Ruby Red – Traditionally crafted, Legendary Ruby Beer. Not for Lagerboys! Brewed with chocolate malts and a blend of Styrian, Goldings and Fuggles hops. A unique and mischievous brand character, with an appeal that is more accessible to recruit new drinkers to the category than more traditional beer brands.
- Taste Profile – A full-bodied ruby beer that delivers a delicious chocolate toffee malt flavour, balanced with a moderate bitterness and an overall fruity, mischievous character.
Please use the Product Finder to locate Marston’s beers in your area.