The tranquil Orkney Islands, with their fertile farming lands and fishing grounds, have been inhabited for over 5000 years. The Orkney brewery is housed in the former schoolhouse in Quoyloo in the heart of Neolithic Orkney. The unrushed culture with its traditional values influences the way we make our beer. We give undivided attention to each stage of the brewing process to ensure that our beer reaches you in perfect condition. This timeless approach has helped us win many national and international awards for both our cask and bottled beers which we hope you will enjoy.
- Skull Splitter – Skull Splitter is our strongest ale, which is named after Thorfinn Einarsson who was the 7th Viking earl of Orkney.
- Taste Profile – Sophisticated, satiny smooth with a deceptively light character, it is a tribute to our colorful forbear. On the nose, this strong beer has a fruity malt character, with hints of dark fruit, spicy hop, dates and figs. On the palate, rich and complex with sweet toasted malt, molasses, fresh and dried fruit and hints of warming spices.
- Dragonhead – Stout
- Taste Profile – Smooth, roasted malt aroma with notes of bitter chocolate, dark roasted coffee, and smoke combined with flavors of chocolate, toast and nuts and a spicy hop finish
- Dark Island– Traditional Scottish ale
- Taste Profile – Chocolate, coffee, and roast malt flavors with winter fruits, aroma of coffee, nuts, and toffee as well as chocolate and dried fruits
- Dark Island Reserve – Traditional Scottish ale matured in aged Orkney malt whisky casks
- Taste Profile – Full flavors of fruit, spice, oak, and roast malt. Notes of vanilla, spice, and bitter orange come through from the wood and whisky
- Red MacGregor – Scottish ale
- Taste Profile – Delicate, floral and fruity with notes of violets, cherries, toffee, and caramel. On the palate, fruits combine with toasted malts and a spicy hop finish
Please use the Beer Finder to locate Orkney in your area.