The Benedictine monastery in Andechs was founded by seven monks in 1455, and it is believed that even then, they brought the tradition of brewing beer, for their own consumption and for that of the community, with them. From their three historic recipes – a thin, easy-drinking beer for poor pilgrims and visitors; a second, heartier beer for the monks themselves; and a stronger beer for abbots and other high-ranking guests – the monks have brewed for centuries, refining their recipes to the now-legendary Andechser biers of today. A modernization of the brewery in the 1970s and 80s set the stage for the monks to begin producing more beer than ever before, creating new jobs in their beloved town and making export a possibility for the first time.
- Vollbier Hell - Classic Bavarian Lager
- Taste Profile - Smooth and harmoniously balanced Helles with a clean, fresh nose of malts and floral hops, a mild sweetness blends with velvety-soft bitterness
- Doppelbock - From the holy mountain of Bavaria, a beer to savor for the special moments in life
- Taste Profile – Dark copper with soft toast malts, dried fruit, and caramel. A strong, earthy, full body with rich malt aroma and notes of cocoa
- Hefeweizen - Top fermented Bavarian wheat beer
- Taste Profile - Aroma of banana, honeydew melon, and clove with a slight honey sweetness, elegant acidity, and subtle hop bitterness
- Dunkel Hefeweizen - Dark wheat beer made from the best wheat and dark barley malts from Bavaria
- Taste Profile - Ripe banana and pineapple with subtle caramel and chocolate tones, caramel sweetness combined with a fine hop bitterness
St. Killian is the proud importer of Andechs in the following states:
- Rhode Island
- Washington DC
- West Virginia
Please use the Beer Finder to locate Andechs in your area.